The Walter J. Mahoney Library is centrally located on the second floor of the school. All members of the Stepinac community are welcome. The Walter J. Mahoney Library strives to provide the best possible resources for the Stepinac community. The library maintains a traditional print collection, and a digital library of electronic journals, reference works, and databases.
- Students have a 3-week check out period.
- Students must use student ID or a photo ID to check out materials.
- There are no overdue fines; however, there is a $25.00/item fee for lost or damaged materials.
Mr. Patrick Duffy
914-946-4800, Ext. 260
The Walter J. Mahoney Library supports the curriculum of the Archbishop Stepinac High School. The library exists to implement, enrich, and support curricular needs while advocating efficient, effective, and responsible use of information.
- Nearly 7,000 catalogued items including books, magazines, videos, books-on-tape, and a professional collection
- Over 25 current magazine and newspaper subscriptions. Back-issues of over 1,000 different magazines and newspapers are available electronically
- 16 desktop computers with Internet access
- WIFI in the library and in the classrooms
- Online subscription research services for teachers and students, including Encyclopedia Britannica, TeachingBooks.net, Student Resource Center, as well as access to the EBSCO, GALE, and NOVELny tools
- Full range of Microsoft Office Products
- Archives of school yearbooks and recorded performances
Computer usage requires a school-assigned user-name and password. Students are required to comply with the terms of ASHS Acceptable Use Policy. This policy is distributed to all new students and their parents.
The library is a place for study, research, reading, and quiet socialization. Disturbing other students is cause for removal from the library.
Students are not to eat or drink in the library. Cell phones and i-Pods are not to be used during school hours and even after school are best used elsewhere.
Monday through Thursday
7:45 AM to 3:30 PM
7:45 AM to 3:00 PM